Online Divorce Legal Service
Our Online Divorce service offers an easy solution if your divorce is a simple and straightforward matter.
Our online Divorce offers the advantage of a quick and easy divorce with minimal fuss anywhere in Australia. You will have the benefit of a specialist family lawyer completing your divorce without having to visit our office.
Our Online Divorce service is for you if:
- You have separated from your spouse and have lived separately for a period of at least 12 months;
- Your spouse consents to the divorce; and
- All arrangements for children and property already agreed upon.
If you answered No to any of the above we can still assist you to obtain a divorce. Please call us on 4943 3988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss this with you further.
It is important to remember that your Divorce and Property Settlement are two separate processes. Whilst your divorce formally ends your marriage it does not deal with your financial property settlement. Furthermore, once your Divorce is finalised you will only have 12 months in which to apply for your property settlement.
For more information regarding your Property Settlement please contact us on 4943 3988 or alternatively click here.
What does this service include & how does it Work?
Our Online Divorce Service includes:
- Completing the Application for Divorce and fling the application with the Court;
- Corresponding on your behalf with your spouse; and
- Providing a copy of the Divorce Order to you and your former spouse.
After completing our online form one of our Family Lawyers will contact you to discuss any issues that may arise when completing your Application for Divorce.
We will then complete your Application for Divorce and forward the Application to you and your spouse for signing.
Upon receipt of the signed Application, we will then file the Application with the Court.
A copy of the original Application will then be forwarded to you and your spouse and the Court will set down a Hearing date. The Court will keep your original Application for Divorce and give you and your spouse a sealed copy of the Application.
All joint Applications, regardless of whether or not there are children, do not require attendance upon the Court.
If your Divorce Application is successful, the Court will grant the Divorce Order. The Order becomes final one month and one day after it was made.
What do you need to provide?
To file your Divorce Application in a timely manner, you will need to provide the following to us:
- A fully completed form (you can fill out the online form or return a completed form after we email it to you);
- A copy of your Marriage Certificate;
- A copy of any financial or children’s orders previously made between you and your spouse;
- A copy of any domestic violence Orders currently in place;
- A copy of your passport or citizenship papers if you were not born in Australia;
How much does it Cost?
Our fixed fee is $825.00. There is also an additional mandatory Court filing fee. This fee is currently $800 (a reduction of the filing fee is available in certain circumstances and you can contact us to determine whether you are eligible).
Our Fixed Fee Online Divorce Service includes all costs associated with obtaining a Divorce, provided it is an Application consented to by your spouse and the Court accepts the grounds of Divorce.
If your spouse does not consent to obtaining a Divorce or signing the application, we can still assist you, however, we will be unable to assist you on a fixed fee basis. We invite you to contact us on 4943 3988 to discuss this with us further.
In most cases the above process occurs without any difficulty. However, in some cases there may be additional issues that need to be resolved such as:
- If your spouse refuses to sign the Application;
- If your spouse denies receipt of the Application;
- If you and your spouse are separated but under one roof;
- If you do not have a copy of your Marriage Certificate, issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
These additional issues require work outside of the fixed fee and we will charge this work on an hourly basis if required.
When and how does payment occur?
Once we have received your online form (or via email), one of our Family Lawyers will contact you to verify that you still want to move forward with the application.
Once we have received confirmation that you would like to proceed and all of your details are correct, you will be required to pay our fixed fee of $825.00 and the court filing fee of $800 ($1,625.00 in total).
Alternatively, you may choose to pay only our fixed fee $825.00 up-front and pay the remaining court filing fee $800 once your application is ready to file with the court.
Online Divorce Form
Please click here to view the online divorce form.